Mat Sanders Interior Design is seeking a Designer to join their Los Angeles-based interior design firm. Must be a well-rounded individual with great taste and winning personality who has experience managing multiple projects. Ideal candidate has experience at a professional interior design firm, is highly organized and thrives in a fast-paced working environment. Looking for a strong designer with excellent drawing and rendering skills to bring fresh ideas and assert a strong design point of view.
- Develop and draw plans, elevations and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials.
- Set project goals and objectives, including but not limited to, work plan, schedule, and budget parameters.
- Track budgets and spending for all projects.
- Survey spaces and prepare base plans.
- Meet and interface with clients, consultants and vendors.
- Create space plans in line with project objectives.
- Design and assemble presentation boards, including design concept, furniture and finishes.
- Work with engineers, consultants, furniture dealers, product reps, and fabricators to meet overall project goals and objectives.
- Overview, monitor, and manage the production of furniture and equipment contract documents.
- Purchase and track furnishings and decor.
- Scout and source furnishings and decor.
- Prepare client meetings and project installations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in residential interior design. Commercial experience is a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive, and IOS.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in construction documentation.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Demonstrate rendering capabilities.
- A style, demeanor, work ethic and personality appropriate for internal team and client interaction is essential to your success in our organization.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
To apply, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Interior Designer
- Website or portfolio of work
- Samples of space plans, prepared by you
- Samples of interior elevations, prepared by you
- Link to Instagram and Pinterest